STYLE NO. 875 : CLASSIC MOC
Practically identical to the iconic 877, the 875 is simply a shorter iteration. It’s six inches of premium Red Wing Oro Legacy leather combined with Goodyear welt construction, a Traction Tred rubber outsole and triple stitched quality.
THE HISTORY BEHIND THE STYLE
Red Wing’s Classic Work boots were designed and built to withstand the daily rigors of the work day on the farm and in the factory. The lightweight crepe sole featured a minimal tread design to reduce the mud that would cling to a farmer’s boots but still provide the underfoot comfort the work day required. Red Wing would brand the crepe sole as the Traction Tred sole. These classic boots featured a moc toe design. The name came from the word moccasin, the Algonquian Indian word for shoe. This combination of the u-shaped moc toe leather upper and the white crepe sole would become the iconic boot style for the Red Wing brand. It is one of the oldest Red Wing styles and a best-seller.
|Leather:||Oro Legacy Leather|
|Construction:||Goodyear Leather Welt|
|Laces:||48-inch Tan/Gold Taslan Lace|
THE 875 IS BUILT USING THE NO. 23 LAST:
- Was created in the 1950s and is Red Wing’s most iconic last
- Includes extra room in the forefoot and instep for easy entry
- Fits a variety of foot shapes
- Most customers buy Red Wing Heritage footwear 1/2 size smaller than their normal size
- Trying on Red Wing Heritage footwear in a store is recommended to get the perfect fit