Versatile, durable skiing, snowboarding and winter sport gloves with Primaloft® insulation, GORE-TEX® protection, and leather reinforcements on the palm and fingers.
Warm, dry and tough, the Fission Glove combines the proven protection of GORE-TEX® XCR product technology, thermal performance of Primaloft®, a hardwearing Fortius™ 1.0 softshell outer, and the ruggedness of leather. Breathable waterproof protection comes from an ergonomically designed GORE-TEX® with XCR® product technology insert. The outer is made from Arc’teryx Fortius™ 1.0 softshell for a high level of abrasion resistance, performance stretch, and exceptional air permeability to help speed moisture transfer. A brushed polyester lining runs fingertip to wrist to add warmth, comfort and wick moisture.
Backcountry environments are harsh and demanding. Gloves need to work as an extension of the hand, as removing them to perform simple tasks can be uncomfortable, even dangerous. The Fission Glove is carefully shaped to fit and move naturally, and a unique insulation solution is used to facilitate performance. At the palm and fingers, the areas where hands need the freedom to work, Arc’teryx uses 100 g PrimaLoft® Gold Insulation Eco with Grip Control. This carefully designed insulation is engineered to provide better dexterity and grip through a process that reduces slippage between the layers within the glove. Its construction also resists packing out with repeated use, maintaining the insulation’s value over time. On the back of the hand, an area more exposed to cold, lofty 133 g PrimaLoft® Silver Insulation is used for maximum warmth.
Features are alpine smart. Built for use where abrasion is a consistent reality and a secure grip is essential, the Fission’s palm and fingers are reinforced with longwearing, supple leather. The long gauntlet provides added coverage, easily layers over a jacket, and can be closed and opened with the gloves on. Wrist leashes help prevent loss and may be removed when not required. An inner cuff seals out drafts, retains heat, and is DWR treated to help prevent accumulation of snow and external moisture. Elastic at the back of the wrist automatically adjust the fit to further improve heat retention. A webbing loop allows the gloves to be clipped together with a carabiner for ease of transport or to speed drying.
FULL FEATURE LIST
- Soft, brushed lining adds light insulation
- DWR treated nylon inner cuff sheds snow and moisture
- Pull to open/pull to close gauntlet
- Removable wrist leashes
- Elasticated back of the wrist that self adjusts to trap heat
- Finger-mounted clip-in loop enables gloves to be attached to a carabiner with finger-tips facing up, eliminating snow-fill
- GORE-TEX® XCR® Technology
- Fortius 1.0™—84% nylon, 16% elastane, 160 g/m². Lightweight, durable, non-insulated, stretchy nylon/spandex blend textile.
- 100g PrimaLoft® Gold Insulation Eco with Grip Control
- 133g PrimaLoft® Silver Insulation
- 100g Primaloft® Silver Insulation Hi-Loft